Welcome to the third newsletter of the BIMsafe NZ Project.
We are approaching one year in, and significant milestones achieved are;
- Formed an advisory group representing 15 different professional organisations
- Published an international Literature review
- Contracted authors to write the guidelines
- Initiated research papers into the different topics to be covered in the guidelines
- Launched a nationwide survey to record and analyse the current awareness and usage in BIM models for Safety
- Started a video resource to be utilised in conjunction with the Guidelines
- Received substantial media coverage and engagement with the construction sector
The next initiative is the Build Smarter event at the Christchurch Art Gallery, on November 3rd, 11:30am. This will feature presentations of several innovations in the construction sector around the use of technology.
This promises to be a very informative and insightful event, and anyone with a role in the construction industry looking for new ways to work would benefit from attending.
BIMSafe NZ Project Lead